Sunday, September 29, 2013

Confessions of a junk food junkie

I love food.  I love all kinds of food.  But I am in an unhealthy relationship with food and junk food.  I can't eat just a little of anything.  It has to be as much as i can shovel in my mouth and trying to hide that when I am eating around other people.

I am overweight. Seriously overweight.  Morbidly obese and tipping the scale at the heaviest I have been in my entire life.  It's embarrassing and I hate it.  There are so many excuses for getting into the predicament I am in.  An old injury that still gives me pain even when climbing stairs, a family history (my mom had gastric bypass over 10 years ago and still struggles with weight gain), going through two pregnancies with a roommate, going through my own pregnancies, multiple diet plans, an overall distaste for exercise and so on. The list could go on forever, like the perfect storm for obesity. 

So my mom has been doing a program through her ENT doctor called Ideal Protein.  It is a meal replacement program and she has been pretty successful so far.  She has lost about 42 pounds on her journey.  She met her goal and transitioned to Phase 2 this week.  She talked me into attending an information session and when I decided to go ahead and do it, she stayed on Phase 1 for an extra two weeks to give me that support.  My mom is amazing!

I decided to blog my Ideal Protein experience and journey just to get this out of my head.  I am no expert on the diet and I don't claim to know everything about the diet.  I am human and I will make mistakes along the way.  I am just hoping to make my goal, learn to love eating right and become the healthy me I long to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment